973-658-4314 Menu

Wise Center is OPEN! Virtual Consultation Hair Loss Survey

Wise Center is OPEN!

Dear Patients,

Consistent with the latest announcements from the Governor’s Office of New Jersey allowing the resumption of elective procedures, we are pleased to announce the re-opening of Wise Center for Plastic Surgery! Dr. Wise and his medical team have established new safety procedures and protocols, as well as a new way of handling the flow of patients in our Joint Commission Accredited medical facility. Please click the button below to learn more about the new standards that have made it possible to resume our practice safely.

We are looking ahead at a very busy summer and appointment times are filling up very quickly. Give us a call at 973-658-4314 to reserve your spot. We are excited to see you all soon!

Safety Protocols

If you are experiencing significant hair loss, you have questions. At the Wise Institute for Hair Restoration, we are committed to helping women who are struggling with hair loss, restoring their hair – and confidence.


Am I shedding too much hair?

Your scalp has about 100,000 hair follicles. About 90 percent of these follicles are in the “growth” phase, which continues for two to seven years. The other 10 percent of the follicles are going dormant and will eventually shed the hair. If you are losing in the range of 100 to 150 hairs per day, the shedding is in the normal range. However, if you see clumps of hair in the shower or bath drain or more significant amounts of hair in your hairbrush, you should visit with Dr. Wise to help you determine the cause of your hair loss and resolve it.

What diseases or illnesses can lead to hair loss in women?

Some cases of hair loss are the result of a medical condition such as thyroid disease or anemia (low iron). Before your hair restoration treatment, you may undergo blood tests to discover whether you have a physical condition contributing to your hair loss.

Can medication cause me to lose my hair?

Some medications can trigger excessive hair loss in some people. The drugs that are known to have this side effect including cholesterol-lowering medications, blood pressure medications, acne medications, antibiotics and antifungals, antidepressants, birth control pills, immune-suppressive drugs, epilepsy medications, and some others.

Is my hair loss due to stress?

Certain types of life events can shock your system to the degree that you lose hair. Childbirth, fevers, illnesses, a death, or loss of relationship or job can have this effect on some women.

Can hair products make your hair fall out?

Shampoos and conditions will rarely have this effect, but harsher chemical formulas such as in a perm could lead to weaker hairs that are damaged and will then fall out.

Should I be using an organic or natural shampoo to avoid hair loss?

While it is true that commercial shampoos contain chemicals, but generally these chemicals are mild and will not trigger hair loss. Most commercial shampoos strip away the essential oils, and may over time, weaken your hair.

Does washing your hair every day lead to hair loss?

No. Washing your hair every day has benefits, including helping you shed the hairs that are no longer in the growth phase. If your hair seems too dry, it could be you are using the wrong shampoo.

My part is getting wider – what can I do?

At the Wise Institute for Hair Restoration, we help women who are noticing a wider part or thinning hair around the temples and crown, or other types of hair loss. Loss of hair at the part is often the first place women notice their hair is thinning. Various hair restoration treatments are available, including medications, hair transplants, and regenerative therapies, such as PRP injections. The main issue is to act quickly before the hair follicles become unable to produce hair at all.

Does using a hairdryer damage your hair?

If you use an extremely hot hairdryer, straightener, or curling tool, you may damage the hair shaft, particularly when the device is used close to your scalp. Use these tools on a medium rather than a high setting.

What does it mean if you are losing your hair in patches?

Some skin conditions can lead to hair loss, including eczema, psoriasis, or seborrheic dermatitis. These conditions can be treated with various medications, which can help you avoid further hair loss. Other reasons you may lose hair in patches include an inflammatory response to an environmental toxin, drug, or a reaction to extreme dieting.

Schedule a Consultation


1680 Route 23, Suite 120, Wayne, NJ 07470

© Wise Center For Plastic Surgery. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Developed by Studio III

Digital Strategy by SEOversite

Privacy Policy

Special pricing for select dates in June - first come, first serve. Offer ends on June 30th.


*New clients only.

Schedule a Consultation